Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Home Sick

Am I a curmudgeon or are the bonds that tie me to home stronger that I thought??? Before we left I was feeling trapped by the routine. School, day to day chores, squeezing in a smidge of time for a riding / training lesson, trying to get dinner cooked and on the table before karate class.

This morning I woke up with a twinge, an ache deep inside. Suddenly I was desperate to get to the PC so I could check on the Gypsinator's blog and see what is happening at home... maybe if I was lucky I'd get an email from Mom and in an hour I'd call Jen to see how things are with her kids, animals, and life.

I had no idea how safe and secure my routine is. There is comfort in the little things that make life mundane, or at least seem mundane. The storms here don't build the same as at home, the people are friendly but they aren't the familiar faces that I know I've seen before, there are no little furry faces that follow me from room to room. I know that once we get moving I'll feel better but at this moment.... I just want to go home.

No comments: