Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Brookgreen Gardens




I wandered along winding stone paths, marveling at the intricate sculptures, manicured gardens and unique flowers. I was in awe of the Spanish moss trailing from ancient live oak trees who's massive arms hugged the earth as though the years and sorrows of those who admired them sapped them of all strength. Over head thunder clouds billowed towards the heavens. The sky darkened and thunder pounded an ominous warning for all who would listen. Drum beats and cannon fire from days gone by.


The Dogwood Garden and The Trail Beyond the Garden Wall beckoned but the impending storm kept me at bay. The pictures and memories call to me, pulling me back to see what beauty lies around the next bend in the path.

1 comment:

the laughing gypsy said...

wow, tink, amazing pix, amazing poems!