Friday, June 15, 2007

Headin' Home

Today was cool and wet. We had planned one last day at the beach but ended up at the outlet mall instead. After the wet start I had hoped to spend a few more hours exploring Brookgreen Gardens, but the glut of incoming vacationers on the highway prevented that from happening. Such is life while on vacation. It's all an adventure and more fun if each moment is lived rather than choreographed.

So now what? We have to pack this evening so that we can load and roll first thing tomorrow. I guess the beach and gardens will have to wait until next year.

The week has flown by and tons of fun was had by all. Some did well and others need some work on dealing with excitement and self control. Being this was our first real vacation with the entire tribe of nine I think we did okay. New movies have been purchased for the return trip and a new route has been plotted (some little bug in my ear said it's never any fun to back track). The girls will have to "wear" their boogie boards to get them home and I plan to make Todd stop frequently for photos. I guess that means the vacation isn't over until we are all snuggled at home in our beds. Oh, I can't wait!

Get he escrima sticks ready Gyps!!! The Tribe is commin' home!