Friday, December 5, 2008

The road that leads to forever...

"What do you want" he asked? "What would make you happy"? I cringe when passing the wedding section of the party store or the wedding planners shop down town. How could he even think the idea of being married would appeal to me? I stared at my dinner, now cold and very unappealing. I poked at it and twisted the pasta on my fork. "You and our family" was my response. My eyes welled up and I looked at him looking at me. His gaze was intense and penetrated straight into my heart. I explained how I was opposed to the idea of weddings that came from a can and being married because it seemed the thing to do. But, the idea of declaring my love and faith fullness to him for all time and sharing the rest of my life with him as his wife would be a wonderful thing.

He turned my chair to face his and grasped both my hands. His gaze never faltered and his words were strong, "will you marry me"? The shock that went though me numbed me for a second and I felt like I was looking down at myself sitting there, facing my love with his hands wrapped around mine. I thought he might be joking or just asking if that was something I wanted in the future. When I realized he was truly asking me to be his wife my response was a resounding "yes, now and forever yes".

Later he took a ring and placed it gently on my finger. It is beautiful beyond words and despite it being made of candy I can want no other.


My heart is full to the point of over flowing. He is a dream made real, my missing half now found and we have forever before us to enjoy whatever adventures come our way.

2 comments:

Belg said...

whuff! Congrats! Huge hugs to both!!!!!

the laughing gypsy said...

what about weddings that come from the HEART, and being married becuase it IS, not seems, the right thing to do ? ;-)Congrats! yippeee! its about steenkin' time :-)
smooches to you, my sis and now, wholly shmolly, my BRO!!!!!!!!! bwaaahahahhaaaaa!