Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Special

Since I was little I have loved Thanksgiving over all other holidays. There were many years I wondered why, as I was just kind of treading water, not moving forward and certainly not finding much to be thankful for. Time has shown me that many blessings are the unseen ones.

When I was little Thanksgiving was the one time when all the family was together. It was a time to share stories, laughter and soak up the wondrous warmth that comes from being with those you love the most. As years went by our family grew up and apart and Thanksgiving became a time of memories and warm thoughts of those that were close only in our hearts.

Every year brings change, some good and some not so good. This year has brought more changes than I could have ever imagined. I have new friends, new family and a love that I thought could only happen in fairy tales. This Thanksgiving is the first day of the rest of my life. A life of dreams and magic and hope long lost. A day to remember, reflect, laugh, love and bask in the warmth of family. Those that are still not here in body, you are with me in spirit and the magic of the day will be yours too.

3 comments:

the laughing gypsy said...

yay! welcome back! we've missed you!

can't wait til tomorrow! you're one of the reasons we give thanks!

the laughing gypsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tink said...

You my sister, are one of the blessings I count over and over again!

I've missed taking the time to enjoy the journey... on to the next post.