Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back to the Real World

A good friend told me it will take a least a week to get back into the swing of "mundane" life after being away at a large medieval event. I think he was talking about an event lasting a week or more but I am struggling with the real world after being gone just three days. Once away it was so easy to let go of the daily frustrations and issues. When I was hungry I ate, when I was thirsty I drank and when I was tired I slept. When I wanted company I was camped with a wonderful group of some of my best friends all I had to do was step out of my tent. When I wanted to learn or see something new I went for a stroll about the camp ground and met wonderful new people that were more than willing to share their fire and teach any willing learner about their skills.

Now I am planning meals for nine, working out schedules and plotting out how to get everything done in a day that needs doing. I have a stove and a dishwasher and I am expected to use it... cold bagels were fine with me, no clean up. The phone is ringing and the entire tribe needs mom time. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I am blessed beyond words and I'm so grateful for my family and all that is required to keep it going. It's who I am and what I do. But.... the escape was bliss. Adult time with no "maaammmmm, I want, I need, get me" or even "wipe my butt". When it was time to head home I was ready to go and home was where I wanted to be.

So, when do we leave for the next event???

2 comments:

the laughing gypsy said...

the secret is that the mundane world is no more real than any other....

Tink said...

Thank you for that reminder my wonderful sister.